St. Anthony’s Catholic Primary School understands that D&T (Design and Technology) allows pupils to solve problems, think creatively and develop ideas. D&T offers pupils a chance to use creative thinking and activity within a defined purpose and tangible outcome. The school is committed to nurturing pupils’ curiosity and creativity, as well as preparing them for living in a modern world where technology is rapidly changing and advancing.
In teaching D&T, we aim to help pupils:
- Develop their design and making skills.
- Develop their knowledge and understanding of design and technologies.
- Use a wide range of tools and materials.
- Learn about working safely and protective measures.
- Work individually and collaborate with other pupils in a variety of contexts.
- Develop the capability to create products of a high standard through skills and understanding.
- Evaluate products, made by themselves, their peer groups and different companies.
- Explore the man-made world and encourage discussion of how we live and work within it.
- Develop an interest in and understanding of technological processes and the role of manufacturing in society.
- Learn the principles of nutrition, healthy eating and how to cook.
Use the link below to access the D and T National Curriculum-:
Design and Technology National Curriculum